looking for a better way to call a file.

Eric_Dexter at msn.com Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Sun Dec 31 00:10:55 EST 2006

I have been auto-generating .bat files and then running
os.startfile('whatever.bat').  I don't
seem to be having much luck when I try other methods.  All of a sudden
I am stuck in a
situation where I need the program that is calling to end and a new
program to start (because otherwise I get several uneeded copies).

csoundgrid4.csgrid(arrg1,  """;<sco_header>""", filename)

with this by executing the main function

os3.execvp('python', 'csoundgrid4.py', arrg1,  """;<sco_header>""",
filename)

and the program just ends.  I would also be glad to get rid of all the
bats that I generate when I
run an external program like csound.  The command line I run is
somthing like

csound play.orc play.sco

I haven't had much luck using os.startfile with arguments

Hopefully this is an easy question and any help would be apreaceated
(befour my computer gets rabies)

http://www.dexrow.com