merits of Lisp vs Python

jayessay nospam at foo.com
Wed Dec 20 18:07:32 EST 2006

"Anders J. Munch" <2006 at jmunch.dk> writes:

> jayessay wrote:
>   > Please note: GC is not part of CL's definition.  It is likely not part
> > of any Lisp's definition (for reasons that should be obvious), and for
> > the same reasons likely not part of any language's definition.
>
> Really?

Really.

> So how do you write a portable program in CL, that is to run
> for unbounded lengths of time?

Make it non-consing (like for any such program in any language).  Of
course, this won't guarantee success as the implementation or OS or
... may leak or other wise cons memory even if your program doesn't.

I'm surprised there are people out there that find this interesting
let alone surprising.

/Jon

--
'j' - a n t h o n y at romeo/charley/november com