Linear regression in NumPy

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 14:26:57 EST 2006

Jianzhong Liu wrote:
> Hello, Guys,
>
> I have a question about the linear_least_squares in Numpy.
>
> My linear_least_squares cannot give me the results.
>
> I use Numpy1.0. The newest version. So I checked online and get your
> guys some examples.

The package name for numpy 1.0 is "numpy", not "Numeric". See this page for an
explanation of the names and the history of the two packages:

  http://www.scipy.org/History_of_SciPy

The examples you say are for Numeric, not numpy. You can get up-to-date examples
from here:

  http://www.scipy.org/Documentation

And please join us on numpy-discussion if you have any more questions.

  http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."