merits of Lisp vs Python

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 20:28:08 EST 2006

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Ken Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com> writes:
>
>>Oh, my. time to trot out my "hey, X is cool, let's use it for
>>everything!" rant.
>

> Somehow it's something other than a rant if X is Lisp?

Ah, your discriminator misfired. Keep your eye on the bouncing rant:

I was not espousing any language, I was espousing matching the tool to
the task. That segued into my Lisp ball of mud rant, but, hell, even C
offers iteration along with recursion. That observation turns the rant
back on all-x-all-the-time languages, including I would note Steele's
constraint programming language, which at first used a constraint to do
variable assignment. Speaking of Cells...

:)

ken

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd