distutils - rpm

lobais at gmail.com lobais at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 16:04:36 EST 2006

When I try to create an rpm using distutils, I get an error like this:
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/share/games/pychess/sidepanel/bookPanel.pyc
   /usr/share/games/pychess/sidepanel/bookPanel.pyo

I found this solution
http://www.mail-archive.com/distutils-sig@python.org/msg02655.html
which removed most of the lines, but besides my modules, I do also have
some .py files in a more plug-in like way, which are not stored in
modules. For these files the error still appears.

I was wondering if there was a way to not have the files created, but
simply not have them checked? I don't understand why it does that.