pyExcelerator question

Gerry gerard.blais at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 16:28:08 EST 2006

I'd like to word wrap some cells, but not others, in an Excel
spreadsheet, using pyExcelerator and Excel 2003, SP1, under XP.

The code below creates the spreadsheet, but both cells are
word-wrapped.

As far as I can tell, the second call to XFStyle() overwrites a GLOBAL
wrap setting, and affects even cells written before the call to
XFStyle.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks,

Gerry

============================
from pyExcelerator import *

w   = Workbook()
ws  = w.add_sheet("alpha")

style                   = XFStyle()
style.alignment.wrap    = Alignment.NOT_WRAP_AT_RIGHT
ws.write(1,1,"Not wrapped" + "-" * 50, style)

style2                   = XFStyle()
style2.alignment.wrap    = Alignment.WRAP_AT_RIGHT
ws.write(2,1,"Wrapped" + "-" * 50, style2)

w.save("test.xls")