python-hosting.com projects: dead?

Remi remi at cherrypy.org
Tue Dec 19 08:55:35 EST 2006

> > I certainly hope so, but this is what I'm reacting to (from
> > http://www.webfaction.com/freetrac):
> >
> > "We're sorry, we're not longer accepting applications for free trac/svn
> > accounts. People have left their Trac sites unattended and as a result
> > our server is being flooded with spam. We need to do some serious
> > cleanup and when that's done we'll accept new applications again (that
> > might take weeks, if not months though). "
>
> Um, that sounds to me like they're not accepting *new*
> projects, not that they're shutting down existing ones.
> Unless *my* reading comprehension skills have completely
> abandoned me.

Your reading comprehension skills are fine :)

We're not accepting *new* projects anymore (for now), but we certainly
continue to support existing ones. We would never take down the sites
without at least a one month warning ... not that we have any plan to
do so anyway...

We had to do some serious cleanup and we disabled a lot of Trac sites
that looked abandoned (people left their Trac sites open to spammers
and our server was crawling under the load caused by these spammers).

If your site got disabled by mistake just e-mail us and we'll re-enable
it within minutes ...

Remi.