Apache 2.2.3 and mod_python 3.2.10

m.banaouas banaouas.medialog at wanadoo.fr
Tue Dec 19 04:13:50 EST 2006

sorry, I give here the right paths:

I installed Apache 2.2.3 and mod_python 3.2.10 on WinXP plateform
I configured mod_python via httpd.conf:
LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

but my script folder configuration doesn't work correctely:

Alias /myfolder D:/myfolder

<Directory "/myfolder">
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
     AddHandler mod_python .py
     PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
     PythonDebug On
</Directory>

for test, this is a sample script d:\myfolder\test.py
# test.py
#
from mod_python import apache
#
def hello(name=None):
     if name:
         return 'Hello, %s!' % name.capitalize()
     else:
         return 'Hello there!'
#
def handler(req):
   req.content_type = 'text/plain'
   req.write("from handler test, Hello World!")
   return apache.OK

when I access to the url  http://localhost/myfolder/test.py,
I obtain source test.py listing but not the rendering of handler or
hello method.

with url http://localhost/myfolder/test.py/hello, I obtain :
=>The requested URL /myfolder/test.py/hello was not found on this server.

It seems like something is missing ... but what ?

thanks for any help