dealing with special characters in Python and MySQL

ronrsr ronrsr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 02:15:05 EST 2006

>     Try putting "use_unicode=True" in the MySQLdb "connect" call.

tried that, and also added charset="utf8" -

now, I can't do any string operations, I get the error msg:

descriptor 'lower' requires a 'str' object but received a 'unicode'
      args = ("descriptor 'lower' requires a 'str' object but received
a 'unicode'",)

or similar, on every string operation.

many thanks,

-0rsr-