merits of Lisp vs Python

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 09:02:47 EST 2006

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Pascal Costanza <pc at p-cos.net> writes:
>
>>You can start with loop by using only the simple and straightforward
>>constructs, and slowly move towards the more complicated cases when
>>necessary. The nice thing about loop is that with some practice, you
>>can write code that more or less reads like English.
>

> Yeah, but I'd also get English-like imprecision.  Anyway, If I wanted
> to write code that reads like English, I'd write in Cobol.

That was my stance until.... <g>

There /is/ a second Lispy syntax for LOOP, btw. But the goofier syntax
is also where lies part of the "win", so learn that.

ken

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd