strange problems with code generation

Eric_Dexter at msn.com Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Fri Dec 1 20:24:18 EST 2006

I am writing out zero byte files with this (using python 2.5).  I have
no idea why I am having that problem, I am also looking for an example
of readlines where I can choose a number of lines say lines 12 to 14
and then write them back to disk.  any help would be apreaceted.

import sys as sys2
import os as os2

def playscoreinrange(from_file, fromline, toline):
    "untested way to play a series of lines from a orc, sco combination
line 14 may not be correct"
    print(from_file)
    fromfile = os2.path.basename(from_file)
    print(fromfile)

    orcfilename = fromfile[:-4] + '.orc'
    print(orcfilename)
    infile2 = open(orcfilename, 'r')
    outfile2 = open('temp.orc', 'w')

    for line in infile2:
        outfile2.write(line)

    infile = open(fromfile, 'r')
    outfile = open('temp.sco','w')

    data = sys2.stdin.readlines()
    print(data)
    for linenumber in range(fromline, toline):
        outfile.writeline(data[linenumber])

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dex-tracker
http://www.dexrow.com

    os2.startfile('temp.bat')