Website Capture

Jonathan Curran jonc at icicled.net
Mon Dec 25 02:53:06 EST 2006

On Monday 25 December 2006 00:57, yoring at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to capture a web site into gif image using Python.
> I installed the PIL if it can help.

It can't be done with just Python & PIL, that much is for sure. First of all
you need some sort of module/program/(whatever you want to call it) that can
render a given webpage. Then you would proceed to capturing the graphical
output of that module/program/...

Maybe what you should look into are graphical toolkits that possibly provide a
HTML widget from which you can get a graphical display. WxWidgets/WxPython is
one option, and the only other I can think of is GTK/pyGTK.

I hope this helps a little, and Merry Christmas!

- Jonathan Curran