Python spam?

Frederic Rentsch anthra.norell at vtxmail.ch
Fri Dec 1 15:05:17 EST 2006

Hendrik van Rooyen wrote:
> "Aahz" <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
>

>> Anyone else getting "Python-related" spam?  So far, I've seen messages
>> "from" Barry Warsaw and Skip Montanaro (although of course header
>> analysis proves they didn't send it).
>> --
>>

> not like that - just the normal crud from people giving me get rich quick tips
> on the stock market that is aimed at mobilising my money to follow theirs to
> help influence the price of a share...
>
> - Hendrik

...which I noticed works amazingly well in many cases, looking at the
charts. which, again, means that the trick isn't likely to fizzle out
soon as others have with victims getting wise to it. Getting feathers
plucked in this game isn't a turn-off. It's an opportunity to join the
pluckers by speeding up one's turnover at the expense of the slowpokes.
Like pyramid sales this it is a self-generating market.
   This game, at least, isn't unethical, other than clogging the
internet with reckless traffic. I've been asking myself why it seems so
difficult to backtrace such obtrusive, if not criminal, traffic to the
source and squash it there. Perhaps some knowledgeable volunteer would
share his insights. Perhaps stalking con artists could be another
interest group.

Frederic