merits of Lisp vs Python

philip.armitage at gmail.com philip.armitage at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 08:56:37 EST 2006

Juan R. wrote:
> philip.armitage at gmail.com ha escrito:
> > - Lisp is hard to learn (because of all those parenthesis)
>
> I cannot understand why. It is like if you claim that packaging things
> in boxes is difficult to learn.
>
> HTML and XML have more brackets than LISP (usually double) for
> structuring data and everyone has learned HTML.

I think maybe you missed the point I was making.

To make it clearer I'm saying that the arguments that are being made
over and over again against Lisp in this thread have been the
antithesis of my experience since moving from Python to Lisp.

I just prefer personal experience to popular misconceptions :-)

Phil