wxpython worked out but can't find api docs for download.

Sun Dec 3 05:27:53 EST 2006

"krishnakant Mane" <researchbase at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.982.1165086141.32031.python-list at python.org...
> hello all.
> finally I got the accessibility issue out from wxpython.  actually
> almost got it out, but that's another story.
> now my problem is that I can't gind a downloadable version of wxpython
> api reference for the latest version or the latest api reference at
> least.
> I found the on-line version so please don't provide the same link.
> when I opened it on line, it took about 8 minuts to get the wx package
> come up on screen with over 600 links.
> I need to have some off line reference for the wxpython api.
> I have enough documentation to get started but I don't have the
> extencive api references for events and other methods, properties and
> attributes.
> can some one point me to a .zip or .tar.gz version of the api docs for
> wxpython?
> thanking all.
> Krishnakant.

I am just now learning wxPython, and I used epydoc to generate HTML doc for
the classes.  To do this:
1. download and install epydoc
2. Fix bug in html.py of epydoc - line 2179 "inherit" should be "inherited"
3. Run epydoc against wx/ package directory.

You will get numerous INTERNAL ERROR: messages and "indentation error"
messages, but you will end up with a directory of HTML reference docs for
the Python classes.

-- Paul