[ANN] PyInstaller 1.3 released

Giovanni Bajo noway at ask.me
Wed Dec 20 15:46:22 EST 2006

Robin Becker wrote:

> I just tried this on something which we currently use py2exe+nsis to
> package and it certainly seems to produce a small exe, but when run I
> see a cryptic message on two message boxes
>
> ! msvcr71.dll
>
> ! could not be extracted
>
> the program then exits.

yeah that's pretty cryptic. It's a known bug which I need to come around and
fix it. Anyway, the message itself is harmless: if the program then exits,
there is *another* problem.

If you want to help with that, you could enable the console+debug mode and see
what the traceback is. I'd be very glad to fix the problem for you.
--
Giovanni Bajo