Need Help Parsing From File

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Fri Dec 8 03:30:34 EST 2006

Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> For the Borland C++ 3.1 help (about 1991):
>   If "t" or "b" is not given in the string, the mode is governed by
>   _fmode.
>       If _fmode is set to O_BINARY, files are opened in binary mode.
>       If _fmode is set to O_TEXT, they are opened in text mode.
> MSC used to have a similar flag (perhaps using the same name).

I assume you are using 'used to have' in the sense of 'still have, although
it is now deprecated in favour of the functions _get_fmode and _set_fmode'.

John Machin wrote:
> Indeed, and their docs say that the default for _fmode is text mode.

Quite apart from the scope for the program to change the value at runtime,
the default may also be changed to binary mode by linking the program with
binmode.obj.