Getting VideoCapture to work with Python 2.5

Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality ihatespam at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 29 14:15:41 EST 2006

    I can't seem to get VideoCapture (http://videocapture.sourceforge.net/)
to work with my version of Python (2.5).  Why is that?  I've followed the
instructions which made it look easy but, as it happens all too often, it
simply doesn't work.  The error I get is that the .py interface file can't
find an expected module (using the "import" keyword) but that module exists
as a DLL in the correct directory.  Why doesn't it recognize it?
    Has anyone else used this library with Python 2.5 successfully?  Any
theories as to what might be going wrong?  Thank you...