How to realize the interactive python in Eclipse?

kilnhead bumtool at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 07:55:54 EST 2006

purple wrote:
> I have installed the Eclipse and the plug-in Pydev. Also, I have add an
> python program in the external tools. When I run the python program in
> the external tools, i can type python command just like in the python
> shell.But when I finished running a python file, in the console, I
> could not type any command to check some argument generated in the
> process. Is there any way I can make it?
> thank you~~

Do you not want to run python from eclipse? If so, go to preferences
for pydev and show pydev where your python executable is. Then you can
use the debug function to look at variables.

For the external tools problem with python interactive, did you include
"-i" as an argument for the python interpreter?