Why not just show the out-of-range index?

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 13:55:56 EST 2006

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> rurpy at yahoo.com schrieb:
> > Thanks for explaining why the OP was rude.  Having been
> > reading and listening to english for only a few decades
> > probably, I am sure the OP (and me too!) appreciates your
> > explanation of rudeness
>
> You mean, you don't feel insulted if somebody calls you
> silly?

This is a hypothetical question, right?  Since the OP
didn't call you or anyone else silly.

O.P. wrote:
> > Rather, they (like I) will encourage to OP to submit
> > a patch that fixes the problem.
> Now, that would be rather silly. I would have to familiarize
> myself with the code for the Python interpreter,

Seems to me he called the suggestion (made without any
knowlage of the OP's abilities regarding C and Python's
internals) that he summit a patch, silly.

I aggree.

His response was well within the bounds of normal
usenet discourse.