Newbie: What are the rules wrt constructing PYDOC keywords

paulsendave paulsendave at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 15:48:16 EST 2006

Still learning python (2.4) and have instructions that all of our
python scripts should be SelfDoc'ing via pydoc standards.

One thing that isn't clear to me is how pydoc searches for keywords.  I
believe that there might be certain rules for putting keywords together
under the SYNOPSIS and search paths that "pydoc -k" uses that aren't
obvious to me.

(Of course, it'd be a good training exercise to read through pydoc.py
itself and figure it out for myself, and I might just do that, but for
the moment, there are other priorities.)

:^)
djp