Why does wx.Window.CaptureMouse() send EVT_PAINT

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sat Dec 9 23:27:15 EST 2006

Bill Jackson <jackson at hotmail.com> wrote:

>It seems that the CaptureMouse method sends an EVT_PAINT handler.  The
>documentation does not mention this...is it somewhere else?  Could
>someone explain why this handler is sent out?

The source code could answer that question for sure, but I doubt that it is
CaptureMouse doing it, and I know the SetCapture API (which it eventually
calls) does not.  Is it possible that your clicking caused some part of the
app to become unhidden, or caused some button to change state?
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.