Logging module: problem with some mapping keys

Tekkaman simone.leo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 05:09:03 EST 2006

On Dec 14, 6:41 pm, Peter Otten <__pete... at web.de> wrote:
> Tekkaman wrote:
>> lib is a symlink to lib64
> So my initial diagnosis was correct. Unfortunately I can no longer recommend
> that you remove the symlink...

Yes. What I really meant in my first reply was "it's not a symlink in
the script's own directory": I didn't suspect that a symlink at any
level in the path between the script and the logging module would break
findCaller().
> Putting /usr/lib64/python2.4 as the first entry into your
>
> PYTHONPATH
>
> environment variable might fix the problem (the idea is
> that /usr/lib64/python2.4 precedes /usr/lib/python2.4 in sys.path and is
> therefore used for the import of the logging package).

Thanks, I'll check it out. Anyway, since this is a hack, you think this
behaviour should be reported as a bug?
> Peter
T.