rsync for python?

Caleb Hattingh caleb.hattingh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 11:19:59 EST 2006

>     I want to build rsync server that can run in linux and windows, and
> configure by python. So I'm looking for something like rsync for python.
>     I find rsync.py and pysync. But rsync.py looks like a client mode,
> it can't be a rsync server, is it? Can pysync be a rsync server?

Hi nienfeng

As file synchronizers go, I have had very good experience with Unison:

http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

which supports unix and windows, but does not run as a server and is
not directly python-enabled.   You can set it up to run automatically
using cron (linux) or Scheduled Tasks (windows), if that was the
functionality you wanted in a server implementation of such a tool.

regards
Caleb