merits of Lisp vs Python

tayssir.john at googlemail.com tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 10 14:50:08 EST 2006

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> I'd love to say it has been fun, but it has been more frustrating than
> enjoyable. I don't mind an honest disagreement between people who
> genuinely are trying to see the other's point of view, but I don't think
> that was the case here. What was especially frustrating was that the more
> I tried to understand certain Lispers' positions by asking questions, the
> more nasty and insulting they became. So now I have an even better
> understanding for why Lispers have a reputation for being difficult and
> arrogant.

This is only because they openly disagree with your beliefs. Note that
you appear the same way to your Lisp-using flamewarrior counterparts.

We might look in the mirror:
<http://www.escapefromcubiclenation.com/get_a_life_blog/2006/04/how_the_technog.html>

Maybe Lisp users are singled out as particularly arrogant because they
claim that the last 20 or so years of the software profession have been
something of a fraud.

Tayssir