__getattr__ possible loop

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Dec 28 10:45:05 EST 2006

Maksim Kasimov:
> how to improve the situation depends on what do you expect to get by calling "T().method()"

You are right, sorry for being cryptic. I think that's a kind of bug of
Python (produced maybe by an infinite loop), so an improvement can be a
traceback or some automatic breaking of that loop. Note that my problem
comes from using Psyco that segfaults in that situation (if you have
Psyco installed you can decomment two lines to see that). I think that
using normal code Python+Psyco don't have to segfault, but I know this
is tricky situation, so if no simple "solutions" can be found, then
it's not a important thing and it can be ignored.

Bye,
bearophile