A stupid question

Tom Plunket tomas at fancy.org
Fri Dec 29 03:27:26 EST 2006

luxnoctis wrote:

> It says exactly:
>
> The specified module could not be found.
> LoadLibrary(pythondll) failed
>
> Don't know if that helps at all.

There's something installed on Compaq computers that uses the Python
stuff too, but I never figured out what it was.  I figured it may have
been some of the preloaded games, 'cause when I restored a roommate's
machine from the restore image the Python22 folder was among the things
that appeared on the fresh machine.  It was actually pretty exciting for
me since I needed to write a little utility to do something on this
machine, but it was slow as death and only had dialup and I really
didn't want to deal with downloading and installing that stuff myself.

...of course your first problem is buying a machine with a ton of
shovelware on it.  Second problem is uninstalling stuff without knowing
what it's for.

-tom!