Python library for reading ODF Spreadsheets

Jonathan Hunt i at me.net.nz
Sun Dec 3 18:18:16 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have had a look on google/freshmeat etc. so please forgive me if I've missed
an obvious answer.

Can someone point me to a simple library to read/write ODF spreadsheets (i.e.
OpenOffice Calc 2). I know I can interface with OOo but this is running on a
server where I would rather avoid a full-on library.

Something like
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyexcelerator/
but for reading ODF.

I have found write only solutions - but no read library except for the full
Monte OOo/UNO which I want to avoid.

Please, please help. Or the pragmatist in me will be forced to use XLS to get
this job done. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jonny

(I'm not on the list. Please CC me answers).
--
Jonathan Hunt <i at me.net.nz>
Website: http://www.me.net.nz (PGP Public Key available there)