Conditional iteration

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 14:20:59 EST 2006

at wrote:
> I am not looking for a work around but more interest if other people might
> judge this syntax would come in handy?

Of course people have expressed interest in this in the past, but it's
not going to happen.  There's a way to nest for and if statements, and
a different way to nest for and if clauses in listcomps, and the two
methods are considered distinct.  Although Guido has said that saving
indentation levels is important, he hasn't said  anything (that I'm
aware of) that suggests it's important enough to add this complexity
and redundancy to the language.  Sorry.

Carl Banks