Win32 Excel Generation Slow

Fri Dec 1 09:33:04 EST 2006

"Daniel Bowett" <daniel at bowettsolutions.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.928.1164969844.32031.python-list at python.org...
>I am trying to create an excel document that displays a table of data. It
>does exactly what I want but takes a long time. I am writing around 1000
>rows and it takes around a second to do each row.
>
> Is there a quicker way to write this? The reason I want excel is this
> needs to read and manipulated by management.

Are there many many formulas in your worksheet?  Try setting calculate to
manual, and turn off screenupdating while creating your rows.  Then when
done, do a manual calculate, and turn auto calc and screenupdating back on.
(These are all open to the COM interface, although I don't recall the exact
function names.)

-- Paul