merits of Lisp vs Python

Hendrik van Rooyen mail at microcorp.co.za
Sat Dec 16 00:18:23 EST 2006

"greg" <greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz>

> I once heard mention of a system of units in use at
> one time with the odd feature that capacitance came
> out in units of length.
>
> Picture the scene: Hobbyist walks into Dick Smith
> store and says "I'd like a 5cm capacitor, please."

This is correct - think of it as the number of electrons that
can dance on the surface of a sphere of radius r.

So your hobbyist will be handed a copper ball of 10cm
diameter...

Seriously, in electrostatic units, capacitance is measured
in length. (or it was when they were trying to teach me
Physics)

- Hendrik