merits of Lisp vs Python

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 14:08:19 EST 2006

Harry George wrote:
> "JShrager at gmail.com" <JShrager at gmail.com> writes:
>

>>Kay Schluehr wrote:
>>

>>>is rapidly replacing Perl, and Ruby is simultaneously and even more
>>>rapidly replacing Python.
>

> Really?  Given its small base, the percentage increases in Ruby use
> (for any reason) can look quite impressive.  I've see data suggesting
> Ruby is replacing Perl and maybe Java.  But I've yet to see data which
> shows people dropping Python and moving to Ruby. Where do I find that
> data?

You missed it? Google fight:

   http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Python&word2=Ruby

Python wins, 74 to 69.3. And there is no Monty Ruby to help.

ken

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd