xml bug?

Erik Johnson ejatsomewhere.com
Thu Dec 28 14:13:29 EST 2006

"Imbaud Pierre" <pierre.imbaud at laposte.net> wrote in message
news:4594130c$0$318$426a74cc at news.free.fr...
> Now my points are:
> - how do I spot the version of a given library? There is a __version__
>    attribute of the module, is that it?

Yes, the module maintainer should be incrementing this version for each new
release and so it should properly correspond to the actual revision of code.

> - How do I access to a given library buglist? Maybe this one is known,
>    about to be fixed, it would then be useless to report it.

Not exactly sure, but this is probably a good place to start:
http://docs.python.org/modindex.html

> - How do I report bugs, on a standard lib?

I found this link:

by looking under the "help" item at www.python.org (an excellent starting
place for all sorts of things).

> - I tried to copy the lib somewhere, put it BEFORE the official lib in
>    "the path" (that is:sys.path), the stack shown by the traceback
>    still shows the original files being used. Is there a special
>    mechanism bypassing the sys.path search, for standard libs? (I may
>    be wrong on this, it seems hard to believe...)

My understanding is sys.path is searched in order. The first entry is
usually the empty string, interpreted to mean the current directory. If you
modify sys.path to put the directory containing your modified code in front
of where the standard library is found, your code should be the one used.
That is not the case?

> - does someone know a good tool to validate an xml file?

Typing "XML validator" into google returns a bunch. I think I would start
with the one at w3.org:  http://validator.w3.org/