About the 79 character line recommendation

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 11:34:29 EST 2006

Steve Bergman wrote:

> So, I was wondering what more accomplished Python programmers thought
> about this.

I *hate* people using more than 79 chars per line! ;) They look
horrible in emacs
and horrible on print. I never found the need for longer lines. The
limit also acts
as a deterrent against extra-large one-liners.

Finally, notice that you can alwasys aliases if you are a lazy typist:

shortcut = LongClassName.LongAttributeName

This also saves an attribute access and gives you some additional
speed, which may
be useful in some cases.

  Michele Simionato