problem formatting dates from text fields.

krishnakant Mane researchbase at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 14:41:30 EST 2006

hello all.
thanks for the help and for pointing me to the proper url for wxpython
related issues.
I am so happy that I now have a very easy gui library that can do
practically every thing with such ease (no flames intended but I was
never at so much ease with java swing ).
I however have a problem with dates.
I am tired searching for some good tutorial that can explain the basic
functionality of wx.datetime class and the datetime picker.
I want to display the date in dd/mm/yyyy format and allow the user to
change the dates.
I then will like to take the value (the entire date) and put into a database.
now this is my first question.
the other problem is even more tough to solve with my given knowledge
of wx.datetime and related classes.
unfortunately the database given to me has a text field for date and
the data is neetly entered.
but when I get the data back from that text field I some how want to
convert it back to actual date in the same dd/mm/yyyy format and send
this as a value to my date time picker.
how can I achieve this?
thanking all.
Krishnakant.