merits of Lisp vs Python

Rob Thorpe rthorpe at realworldtech.com
Fri Dec 8 12:24:26 EST 2006

Alex Mizrahi wrote:
> (message (Hello 'Kay)
> (you :wrote  :on '(8 Dec 2006 08:03:18 -0800))
> (
>
>  KS> http://www.sbcl.org/manual/Handling-of-Types.html#Handling-of-Types
>
>  KS> If you'd read the docs of the tools you admire you might find the
>  KS> answers yourself.
>
> SBCL is a COMPILER that explains everything. it's interesting why
> INTERPRETER like CLISP is faster.
> well, it can be type declarations as well, but maybe something other too..

I agree with your other points.  Python allows the programmer to
override absolutely anything, including things like addition.  This
entails extra work.

It's also worth mentioning that Clisp is an hugely optimized
interpreter.  A much work has been put in to making it's bytecode
interpreting inner loops as fast as possible.