merits of Lisp vs Python

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 14:13:23 EST 2006

Robert Uhl wrote:
> Christophe <chris.cavalaria at free.fr> writes:
>
>>Robert Uhl a écrit :
>>

>>>The argument from popularity is invalid.  French units have overtaken
>>>standard units,
>>
>>Never heard of that French unit thing. Unless you talk about that
>>archaic unit system that was in use before the metric system was
>>created.
>

> I use 'French units' instead of the term 'metric system' because the
> latter means 'measurement system,' and of course could validly be
> applied to _any_ system.

Now we know how one contractor ended up using English units when the
other was using French units and an entire Mars mission was lost: they
were both using the metric system.

[cue NASA aopologist Ron (or his sidekick Al) for some scenery-chewing
outrage over my condescension and arrogance.]

ken

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd