merits of Lisp vs Python

Sat Dec 9 23:32:13 EST 2006

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 22:06:29 -0500, Ken Tilton wrote:

> As I type each right parens I eyeball
> its partner as the editor highlights it to make sure I have not missed
> anything,

Er, weren't you one of the people claiming that you don't notice parens
when you're reading or writing Lisp code?

Oh yes, there is this:

[quote]
Subject:      Re: merits of Lisp vs Python
From:         Ken Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com>
Newsgroups:   comp.lang.lisp,comp.lang.python
Date:         Sat, 09 Dec 2006 02:29:56 -0500

Yeah, you are, you just did not use it heads down for a month. The way
to tell if you spent enough time on Lisp is to look at Lisp code. If you
see any parentheses, you have not spent enough time. They disappear in a
month.
[end quote]

So, if you're still seeing parentheses, does that mean you've been coding
Lisp for less than a month?

--
Steven.