merits of Lisp vs Python

Timofei Shatrov grue at mail.ru
Wed Dec 13 03:39:44 EST 2006

On 12 Dec 2006 18:03:49 -0800, "Paddy" <paddy3118 at netscape.net> tried to confuse
everyone with this message:

>There are a lot of people that use Wikipedia. I think some of them
>might want to learn to program.

I think you misunderstood the goal of Wikipedia. It is not to teach people
programming.

>I make it easier for them to find
>Python by helping to maintain Python within Wikipedia.

If someone wants to find Python, he types "Python" in the search bar and works
from there. He certainly wouldn't end up in "doctest" article.

>Some people dislike Wikipedia which is fine. Some people dislike
>Wikipedia and deliberately sabotage it, which is vandalism.

Writing vanity articles about non-notable things is not much better.

--
|Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
|It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
|But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
|                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|