merits of Lisp vs Python

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Fri Dec 15 05:04:24 EST 2006

Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> writes:

> How am I being silly? Do you not believe that people write case blocks
> with fifty tests? Okay, how about twenty? Ten? Eight?

You should check out generic functions in CLOS.  Rather than writing a
ridiculously long case block, you can use EQL specialized functions.
It's a great way to do dispatch.

--
This post uses 100% post consumer electrons and 100% virgin photons.

At 2.6 miles per minute, you don't really have time to get bored.
   --- Pete Roehling on rec.motorcycles

I bump into a lot of veteran riders in my travels.
  --- David Hough: Proficient Motorcycling