Why not just show the out-of-range index?

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Thu Dec 7 15:49:49 EST 2006

OKB (not okblacke) wrote:
> John Machin wrote:
> > It should be extremely easy (rather than "not impossible") for
> > anybody with half a clue
> <snip>
> > Sheesh.
> > And despite your use of RHN (Reverse Hungarian Notation) you don't
> > know that someList is a list?
>
>     	I appreciate your taking the time to post this thoughtful and civil
> reply not once but six times.

You should direct your appreciation to Google Groups for 5 out of the 6
times -- it was stating incorrectly that it had not posted due to a 502
error; I have since removed those.

Yes, it was thoughtful and civil compared to some earlier postings in
this thread, wasn't it?

I do hope that you didn't confuse (your interpretation of) the manner
with the message: again, extremely high cost-to-benefit ratio.

Cheers,
John