The Famous Error Message: "ImportError: No module named python_script"

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Dec 14 03:45:30 EST 2006

At Thursday 14/12/2006 03:44, rich murphy wrote:

>The tutorial says: "For instance, use your favorite text editor to
>create a file called fibo.py in the current directory with the
>following contents:"
>
>So, I assumed "the current directory" is C:\Python25 which did not
>work. Then I placed the fibo.py file in C: director. That did not work
>either. What directory does it mean then?

It doesn't matter *which* directory you are, as far as you don't
change it when you enter the interpreter:

C:\TEMP\test\basura>type fibo.py
print "inside",__file__

C:\TEMP\test\basura>python
Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
 >>> import fibo
inside fibo.py

When it later says "enter the Python interpreter" that means "execute
python from the command line", not PythonWin nor IDLE nor...

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL