trees

Martin Manns mmanns at gmx.net
Mon Dec 18 14:05:27 EST 2006

John Nagle wrote:

>    SpeedTree, of course.
>
>     http://www.speedtree.com
>
>    They have great downloadable demos.

And how do you distribute the code in a python program?
Is there a wrapper for an available static library
or do I have to compile the speedtree source when
running the python program?

:)

>From the homepage:
What parts of SpeedTree can I distribute with my game?

Before any sort of distribution, a full license of SpeedTree must be purchased.
Following this, the SpeedTreeRT library must be fully integrated with your game
before distribution. This means that either a static library is used or the source
code must be built in (no DLLs may be distributed). No source code from the SDK can
be distributed, with some exceptions for modified wrapper classes from the samples
(contact support at speedtree.com for verification).