suppresing error pop-ups in Win32 app

Bart Ogryczak B.Ogryczak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 11:27:01 EST 2006

Hi,
I'm developing mixed Python/C app which runs on WinNT server. When
something fails in Python, that´s not a problem, prints a traceback to
the log and thats it. When something fails within the C code, the error
message window pops up. To kill it I´ve got to access server with VNC.

I´ve tried to create a python module written in C, which uses
SetUnhandledExceptionFilter(). Although it works suppressing error
pop-up in C applications, somehow it doesn´t work for me, when it´s
called from the python module.
Have you got any suggestions how to suppress those annoying message
boxes?