merits of Lisp vs Python

Sat Dec 9 04:36:02 EST 2006

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 23:38:02 -0800, Wolfram Fenske wrote:

> if Common Lisp didn't have CLOS, its object system, I could write my own
> as a library and it would be just as powerful and just as easy to use as
> the system Common Lisp already provides.  Stuff like this is impossible
> in other languages.

Dude. Turing Complete. Don't you Lisp developers know anything about
computer science?

Anything any language can do is possible in any other language, if you are
willing to write your own libraries. And debug them. Let's not forget the
debugging and testing, unless you'd like us to believe that Lisp code
never contains bugs. Lisp developers so often gloss over that: "Oh,
feature X is *easy*, I could write it in a couple of macros. Two or three.
Maybe thirty. Or forty, max. And they would work the right way first time.
No, I haven't actually done it myself. But I'm sure I could do it, easy."

--
Steven.