Roundtrip SQL data especially datetime

Carsten Haese carsten at uniqsys.com
Sat Dec 16 16:31:18 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 20:48 +0000, John Nagle wrote:
>      The SourceForge page
>
>        http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22307
>
> says
>
> "MySQL versions 3.23-5.0; and Python versions 2.3-2.4 are supported."
>
> Last release was April, 2006.  There's no binary for Python 2.5 yet.
> [...]
>   So users should hold off from using Python 2.5 in production
> database applications.

This may come as a shock to you, but MySQL is not the only database
engine on the planet. Your recommendation may apply to MySQL, but it is
not true for all databases in general. I can name at least two examples
(Informix and Oracle) of database engines that are supported under
Python 2.5, and if I were less lazy I could probably find more.

-Carsten