merits of Lisp vs Python

Paul Rubin http
Sat Dec 9 18:28:28 EST 2006

"mystilleef" <mystilleef at gmail.com> writes:
> Slow for users who aren't familiar with Psyco, Pyrex and C extensions,
> sure.

Psyco is not included in the Python distro.  Pyrex and C extensions
depend on having C compilers available for every target platform.  As
a Linux user, if I want to release Python programs that Windows users
will run, I cannot use C extensions because I have no way to compile
them for Windows, and most Windows users don't have C compilers
either.

Anyway it's pretty lousy advocacy for a language to say "well if the
language is too slow, don't use it, use another langauge like C instead".

I think PyPy will make a big difference when it becomes part of
regular Python but for now it's vaporware.