Parsing data from pyserial

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Sun Dec 3 23:25:56 EST 2006

Si Ballenger wrote:
> On 3 Dec 2006 17:33:59 -0800, "John Machin"
> <sjmachin at lexicon.net> wrote:
>
> >In any case, I wouldn't call that "the appropriate data is being
> >received" -- looks like chunks missing to me.
>
> Well, below is the posted expected return data format from the
> cam and below that is what has been reported to be returned from
> the cam when it is polled, which appears to be a fairly
> reasonable match. I assume that each xxx is a decimal number
> repersenting a single byte. In the binary mode each x in the
> string might be considered a byte in itelf and possibly evaluated
> as such. Anyhow it should be easy to see if the received string
> can be parsed on it own correctly when not being received via the
> serial port. That would start to narrow down where something not
> understood is comming into play.
>
> M xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
> M 37 79 3 4 59 124 86 25

Try reading previous posts. The OP reported that to be returned from
the cam, based on print forty_bytes, not print repr(forty_bytes). I
think everybody (including possibly even the OP) is willing to believe
that the cam is *generating* correct parseable stuff, followed by '\r'
-- the problem now is how to get as many samples per second as is
reasonable in the face of problems like lack of buffering, flow
control, etc.