A Call to Arms for Python Advocacy

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 10:52:23 EST 2006

On 12/7/06, Jeff Rush <jeff at taupro.com> wrote:

> [snip]
> These works are to be formed into advocacy kits for various audiences.  So
> far
> we have the following ideas for kits:
>
>    - College Student's Python Advocacy Kit
>    - IT Department Python Advocacy Kit
>    - University Educator's Python Advocacy Kit
>    - K-12 Educator's Python Advocacy Kit
>    - Research Lab Python Advocacy Kit
>
> The table of contents for the various kits can be found at:
>
>    http://wiki.python.org/moin/Advocacy#AdvocacyKits
>
> Did we miss your kit?  And what would you include in any of these?

perhaps a local python user group advocacy kit ?

a PSF kit that would help LUGs to spread the good word, or some kind
of support for LUGs creation

also, I think we could have a european store for shirts ,
like the caffepress one, to lower the prices for european people and the
deliver time.
because in europe most Python developers won't pay 30$ for a simple shirt,
that
comes 3 weeks later

Next, we are seeking reusable/retargetable teaching materials, such as those

Tarek Ziadé | Association AfPy | www.afpy.org
Blog FR | http://programmation-python.org
Blog EN | http://tarekziade.wordpress.com/