A stupid question

Matimus mccredie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 13:49:48 EST 2006

luxnoctis at gmail.com wrote:
> Any other ideas?

Well, you could always try downloading and installing python:
http://www.python.org. It is completely free. It won't run anything in
the task bar or add itself to the startup menu and it doesn't have
ads... it just sits there waiting for you to use it. I would start with
version 2.4, and if that doesn't work I would go to 2.3 then 2.5 then
2.2. Uninstall the last version before moving on to another.

I do worry a little though because python dlls are named as
Python<version>.dll, so the dll in that error message could actually be
from some third party.

Anyway, there is no harm in installing Python. If it doesn't work it
will uninstall cleanly.

-Matt